Valentine’s Day is a time to show your loved one how much you care and appreciate them, and finding the perfect gift can be tricky to say the least. While it’s something that might be on our mind for months, many of us will only get around to actually buying a gift at the last moment. If you’re running short on time, here are a few last-minute gift ideas that will score you major points.
- Flowers and chocolates: A bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates are classic gifts that never go out of style. They’re easy items to find at most florists and supermarkets, and they can be delivered quickly if you order online.
- A gift card: If you’re really running short on time, a gift card to your loved one’s favourite store or restaurant can be a quick and easy option. You can find gift cards for a wide range of retailers and restaurants, and you can often purchase them online and print them out at home.
- A handwritten love letter: A handwritten love letter is a timeless and romantic gift that will always be appreciated. Take the time to express your feelings and appreciation for your loved one in your own words, and consider including special memories or inside jokes to make the letter even more personal.
- A homemade or personalised gift: If you’re feeling creative, consider making a homemade gift for your loved one. This could be something as simple as a batch of cookies or a handmade card, or something more elaborate like a piece of artwork or a piece of jewellery. There are great online shops with personalised Valentine’s gifts for her and him, making the shopping process a lot quicker.
- A subscription service: If you’re looking for a gift that keeps on giving, consider subscribing to a monthly service that delivers a selection of curated items to your loved one’s door. This could be a food or snack box, a book club, or a beauty or grooming box. This type of gift allows your loved one to try new things on a regular basis and shows that you’re thinking of them all year round.
- An experience: Instead of a physical gift, consider giving your loved one an experience that you can enjoy together, such as tickets to a concert, a couples massage, or a weekend getaway. These types of gifts create lasting memories, and allow you to spend quality time together.
No matter what gift you choose, the most important thing is to show your loved one how much you care about them. Even if you’re running short on time, a last-minute gift can be just as meaningful as a carefully planned one. As long as it’s well wrapped and well thought out, you’re sure to score major points.