Are you tired of wearing tampons or sanitary napkins every time your monthly period arrives? You might want to invest in a menstrual cup. Over the years, it has become more and more popular because of the many benefits you can enjoy. Some of them are listed below.
- It is more cost-effective – Have you ever sat down to compute how much you have been spending on your monthly tampons or sanitary napkins? Bearing in mind that menopause usually starts at late 40s or more, you would have spent thousands of dollars on your monthly supplies. You’ll be glad to know that this menstrual cup only costs around $30, and this cup will last you already 10 years! Can you imagine just how much you have saved for this one investment?
- It is more environmentally-friendly – Aside from saving a lot of money, you’ll also be doing the environment a favor. Sanitary napkins usually end up at the landfill, where they will stay for years.
- There is less odor or leakage – Any woman would know that even with heavy-duty pads or tampons, you can still have the occasional leakage. It would not be a problem if you were at home (although it can be frustrating getting that stain out, especially when it dries) but it can be pretty embarrassing when you are out of the house. Dried blood can also smell. With a menstrual cup, the blood stays liquid because the cup does not absorb the liquid but instead it catches it. Just be sure to follow the instructions in cleaning your menstrual cup so that it stays clean and odor-free.
- It is completely safe – They are very safe, especially if you buy one from a reputable company. You will have a lower risk of getting any bacterial infection or even toxic shock syndrome, which you can get from tampons. Some women are also allergic to some ingredients of a sanitary pad, but you won’t that problem with menstrual cups. Most of them are hypoallergenic so you are safe from rashes or itchiness.
- It is comfortable – You might think that putting something inside your vagina will feel uncomfortable, but you’ll be glad to know that the same thing cannot be said for menstrual cups. In fact, if you follow the instructions on how to attach it, you will not feel anything at all. You will not be bothered by the cup. And you won’t need to change it as often. Unlike pads or tampons which need to be changed every 4 hours or more, a high-quality menstrual cup can be left inside your vagina for 12 hours. This is especially great for those who have a heavy flow, so you won’t afraid of going out or sleeping because your period will not leak.
The important thing is that you only buy a menstrual cup from a reputable company. Because of its rising popularity, more and more varieties appear on the market, but you need to be sure that you invest in one that can deliver on its promises.